Nowadays, most of the smartphone applications are coming with the Dark mode feature. The Dark Mode is the color scheme, which is black. Usually, the apps are white or in the native color. But with the Dark Mode, the app changes the color scheme to the black color.
This mode is also known as the Night mode. As using the smartphone in the night is a bit straining for the eyes, you should enable the Night mode. With the smartphone night mode, you can either apply the Bluelight filter or turn the apps to the Dark color.
This will help you reduce eye strain. Well, the apps usually have the dark mode option in the settings. With the same, you can turn ON the dark mode for that app only and not for the entire system.
But unfortunately, Snapchat does not have the Dark mode option, but it supports the same. If you enable the systemwide dark mode, then Snapchat will adapt to the same.
If you are willing to enable Snapchat dark mode, then you are in the right place. In this post, we are going to share detailed information on how you can easily enable Snapchat dark mode. All you have to do is to check out the working methods and follow the exact steps correctly.
What is Snapchat Dark Mode?
To reduce eye strain, dark mode is effective. Snapchat has evolved a lot in recent years. The app has received a lot of new features, which the users requested.
The dark mode was one of the most requested features from the users. Recently, Snapchat has received the update for Dark mode, which allows the users to choose the dark theme.
With the dark theme, the entire app turns black and is soothing for the eyes at night time. As the systemwide dark mode interfered with the default theme, the developers have finally released the same. In this post, we are going to learn how to enable Dark mode in Snapchat on iOS and Android devices.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode on Android?
If you are using an Android smartphone, then enabling the Snapchat dark mode is pretty simple. Here is the exact method that will guide you through enabling dark mode on the Snapchat app on an Android device.
- To enable the dark mode on an Android smartphone, you need a rooted Android device. Otherwise, it’s not possible to turn ON dark mode on Android smartphones.
- In the rooted device, Go to the Google Play Store and Download the “Substratum Theme Engine” app. This app is free to download and install.
- After installing, open the Substratum Theme Engine, and you’ll find a ton of interesting themes.
- Now, it’s time to find and choose the best dark theme from the available option. Find and install the dark theme on your device.
- After installing the theme, you’ll find that Snapchat has switched to the Dark mode.
That’s how you can immediately enable Snapchat Dark mode on your Android device. Although it’s necessary to have the rooted device, otherwise this method won’t work at all.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS Devices?
The majority of the Snapchat app users are iOS device users. Well, you can find the Snapchat installed on almost all of the iPhones and iPads.
The iOS device users always love using Snapchat on their devices. So, it’s essential to learn how to turn ON Dark mode in Snapchat if you have an iPhone.
Here is the exact method that requires you to Jailbreak the iPhone properly. If you have a Jailbroken iPhone, then you’ll find this method useful otherwise, there is no way you can enable Snapchat dark mode.
- First of all, you must have installed Cydia in your device. Open the Cydia app and install the “iFile” app on the iPhone.
- After that, download the necessary Nightmare packages from the provided link ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpi9pfdi5obe9zk/com.andermoran.nightmare_0.0.1-49%2Bdebug_iphoneos-arm.deb?dl=0 )
- Now, tap on the “Open In” option after downloading the packages and select “iFile” as the option. iFile app will find the packages and will install it on the device.
- Once the installation is complete, Restart the Smartphone and start using the Nightmare program.
The Nightmare packages provide a lot of customization options for users. With this app, you can immediately enable Snapchat dark mode. Not just the dark mode, you can use the same for changing the color schemes.
White is not the favorite color for most of the people. It may look good for the papers, but not good on smartphones.
With the black color or the dark mode, the apps have a great user experience and a clean look. So, you should always trust in the Dark mode while using any app.
If you tend to use Snapchat in the night, it’s essential to use the dark mode to stay safe from the eye strain. In this post, we’ve shared the exact methods that will help you to enable Snapchat dark mode and reduce eye strain with the same.