The feature of copy-paste is a boon for mankind. With the copy and paste feature, it became more accessible for people to share the same thoughts in multiple places.
Copy-pasting is considered as one of the best innovations in the computer industry, which has transformed the same. Not just the computers, but it works on all of the smartphones and tablets.
Be it the Android smartphone or the iOS device; you can copy and paste the content from anywhere to anyplace. It’s one of the most efficient ways when writing something on your computer or the smartphone.
The copied text or the content is stored in the clipboard. On the computers, the memory is sufficient, so you can easily copy multiple pieces of content with ease.
But on the smartphones, that’s the different case. With the limited memory, the clipboard can store only a few things.
If you need frequent copy and pasting, then you should always clear clipboard on Android. Clearing the Clipboard on Android will help you copy-paste more efficiently.
If you are facing some issues with copy and paste on Android, then you should first clear Clipboard on Android. In this post, we are going to share the detailed procedure on how to clear a clipboard on Android. All you have to do is to follow the steps, and you’ll be able to clear the clipboard.
How to Clear Clipboard on Android
#1 – Clear the Clipboard through Keyboard Settings
As you are going to copy and paste the content, it’s stored in the clipboard cache. If there is no separate clipboard app on your device, then it will automatically be stored in the keyboard cache.
So, you have to access the Keyboard settings to clear the clipboard contents. In this method, we are using the GBoard keyboard app as the default keyboard app for our device. Here is the exact procedure for clearing the clipboard on the GBoard app.
- First of all, access the keyboard and tap on “Three horizontal dots” on the suggestions strip. This will open the Settings of the GBoard.
- Now, tap on the “Clipboard” option. You can access the clipboard now. If you haven’t used the clipboard before, first tap on the “Enable Now” button.
- After that, you’ll see a bunch of copied stuff on the clipboard. Tap on the “Edit” icon and then select the unnecessary copied content from the clipboard.
- After selecting the clips or the copied content, tap on the “Trash” icon on the suggestions strip to delete the clips.
- This will immediately clear the clipboard on your Android device.
#2 – Third-party Clipboard Apps
If you are using the third-party clipboard apps for better management, then it’ll be easier for you to clear clipboard on Android.
You can easily access the options to clear the clipboard from the third-party apps. The third-party clipboard apps for Android are useful in storing a lot of clips and removing the same. All you have to do is to access the app settings and then clear the clipboard. The process will be easy but differs from app-to-app.
There is another way you can universally clear the clipboard on Android. All you have to do is to follow this method and clear the clipboard within a few seconds.
- First of all, open the “Settings” and then navigate to “Applications” in the settings.
- In the applications, you’ll find all of the installed apps on your Android device. Find the app that is your primary clipboard application. If you don’t have any third-party clipboard app, then find the default keyboard app and tap on the same.
- Now, tap on the “Storage” and then select “Clear Cache” option.
- This will immediately clear all the cache files and also the clipboard. After that, you’ll be able to access the clear clipboard on Android to copy and paste new content.
#3 – Reboot the Device
If you are not using any kind of third-party clipboard apps for Android, then you should reboot the smartphone to wipe any clipboard content. As the smartphone stores the copied content on the keyboard cache, and it’s temporary.
So, all you have to do is to reboot the smartphone to immediately clear the cache. Rebooting the device will clear the cache files to make it run faster.
Although it only clears the cache of the system apps and does not clear any kind of data. So, if you are using the default clipboard app or the keyboard app, then rebooting the best thing you can do to clear the clipboard on Android. It’s the best method for those who are not proficient in following the complicated steps.
For the writers, it becomes easier to access the copied content from the clipboard on Android smartphones.
Due to the smarter devices, you can adequately manage the copied content and paste them accordingly. But for proper management of the copied text, you need to clear the clipboard periodically.
This will help you to access the copy and paste feature effectively and also keep the device faster. Well, in this post, we’ve shared all the methods that are useful to clear a clipboard on Android.
If you want to learn how to clear a clipboard on Android, then these methods will help you with the same.